Child's Health Center
Newly Renovated Child’s Health Center
Providing Comprehensive Care for Your Little One
With the completion of renovation of Child’s Health Center, we are now ready to offer the most comprehensive care for your little one in a warm and entertaining atmosphere. Our team of more than 50 pediatric specialists, specialized nurses, and therapists, will work closely with your family to make sure you understand your child’s treatment plan. There are 20 examination rooms that are available 24 hours to care for your child’s needs as they move from babies to adolescents.
Our medical services
1) General pediatric services
- Our pediatricians see children from infancy through their teenage years. Whether you are bringing in your child for a regular checkup or have questions on topics ranging from nutrition, sleep, or behavior, our pediatric specialists are here for you. Our specialists include gastrointestinal, respiratory, cardiovascular, psychiatry, neurology, orthopedic, endocrinology, urology, hematology, oncology, and dentistry.
- Child’s development – provides specialist assessments and support for children and young people who have additional needs such as communication, behavior and learning. Our multi-professional team in Child Development Neuropsychiatric Clinic (CDNC) works with you to identify your child’s needs and supports you to put in place the most effective strategies and programs that will enable your child to fulfill their potential. Development assessment can be done in children from 1 month – 5 years.
- Measure your child’s development in 5 aspects: cognition, gross and fine motor, visual reception, expressive language, and receptive language
- Measure your child’s executive functions: planning, shift, emotional control, inhibition control, and working memory
There are various child development assessment programs available at Child’s Health Center. Our child development specialists are here to help you better understand your child’s behavior and the steps you can take to help them to develop their potential.
- Child developmental screening
- Age and stage developmental screening
- Preschool screening and assessment (Pre-academic skills)
2) Specialized pediatric services
Neonatal intensive care unit (NICU)
provides specialized care for newborn babies who need intensive medical attention
- Premature newborn: birth at gestational age less than 37 weeks or more than 42 weeks
- Birth weight less than 2,500 grams or over 4,000 grams
- Small or large for gestational age
- Respiratory distress including rapid breathing, grunting, or apnea
- Breech delivery presentation (buttocks delivered first) or other abnormal presentation
- Fetal distress/birth asphyxia
- Birth defects
The NICU combines advanced technology and trained health care professionals to provide specialized care for the tiniest patients. There are neonatal specialist teams available 24 hours. Specialized care includes vital signs monitoring, temperature monitoring, infection control, respiratory function monitoring, nutrition, and development.
- Obesity/diabetes mellitus screening – oral glucose tolerance test (OGTT)
- Growth/short stature – suspected growth hormone deficiency
- Precocious puberty
- ACTH stimulation test: 1 mcg
- Diphtheria, tetanus, whooping cough (pertussis), polio and Hib vaccine
- Hepatitis A, B vaccine
- Measles, mumps, and rubella vaccine
- Meningococcal vaccine
- Quadrivalent human papillomavirus vaccine
- Quadrivalent influenza vaccine
- Rotavirus vaccine
- Varicella vaccine
Pediatric emergency service
24 hours pediatric transfer service
Child’s Health Center is dedicated to providing a full range of services to newborns through adolescents. We are committed to working with children, families, and professional staff to create a comfortable setting while maintaining the highest quality of care specific to each patient’s needs.