WATCH-PAT: Home Sleep Test
2 minute(s) read
Snoring is not a normal condition and, if left untreated, it can affect your health more than you know. It may be a symptom of sleep apnea which can be a deadly condition. Therefore, Watch-Pat at home test is an essential tool that snorers should not ignore, so they can be better prepared for a proper treatment.
- Excessive daytime sleepiness
- Unable to fully concentrate on work or study during daytime
- Increase risks of car or workplace accident
- Higher risk of other diseases such as hypertension, heart arrhythmia, myocardial ischemia, cerebrovascular disorder, etc.
- Spouse or family members cannot sleep well due to loud snore
What is WATCH-PAT
WATCH-PAT is a sleep test and diagnostic method measuring arterial pulse from fingertips and wrist, using a device that is similar to a large wrist watch. The results that will help determine further treatment includes:
- Duration of sleep
- Respiratory Disturbance Index (RDI)
- Apnea-hypopnea index
- Level of blood oxygen
WATCH-PAT Home Sleep Test
WATCH-PAT sleep test can diagnose and assess the severity of airway obstruction from sleep apnea and snoring as accurately as the hospital’s Sleep Test. It is more convenient without having anyone monitoring, and makes you feel more at easy. Moreover, testing in the comfort of your home helps reduce discrepancies of the result. Therefore, the result is more accurate, especially for those who have the symptoms of airway obstruction and sleep apnea.
Benefits of WATCH-PAT Home Sleep Test
- Avoid trip to the hospital
- No need to wait in line
- Testing in the comfort of your home helps you relax
- Have privacy without anyone monitoring while sleeping
- Suitable for bedridden patients
- Test results are comparable to normal sleep
Quality sleep is very important as it helps your body function efficiently. If you have a sleep problem, you should get a sleep test promptly.
For preliminary sleep apnea test, visit the website for STOP-BANG test https://www.bangkokhospital.com/content/checklist-stop-bang
For sleep test package, please click https://www.bangkokhospital.com/package/home-sleep-test
For more information, please contact
Bangkok Ear Nose Throat Center
Monday - Friday : 08.00 am. - 07.00 pm.
Saturday - Sunday : 08.00 am. - 04.00 pm.