Do’s & Don’ts Before and After ReLEx or LASIK
2 minute(s) read
ReLex is the latest innovative treatment for nearsightedness and astigmatism. It is a bladeless surgery with minimal incision which is not harmful to the lens and has very few side effects. The surgery itself and recovery time are very short. It is easy for the patient to prepare for the procedure and to recuperate afterward.
Before ReLex or LASIK Treatment
To prepare for the required eye examination before surgery:
- Stop wearing soft lens for 3-7 days before eye examination and the surgery.
- Stop wearing hard or semi-hard lens 7-14 days before eye examination and the surgery, but wear eye-glasses instead.
- Stop using some medicines such as Roaccutane (acne pills) before eye examination and the surgery.
On the Day of Surgery
- Wear front slit shirt
- Wash your face and hair
- Have your friend or family member pick you up after the surgery
- Do not use make-ups, especially around the eyes
- Do not use spray and perfume
- Avoid alcoholic beverages
- Use anti-biotic and eyedrops per doctor’s order
- Use eye shield before going to bed for a week to prevent from rubbing your eyes
- Rest your eyes periodically if tired
- Wear sunglasses when outdoor to reduce eye irritation and burning
- You can wash your face and hair again after you have a follow-up examination which is a week after the surgery
- Do not rub your eyes
- Do not expose your eyes to water and dust
- Do not use mobile phone or computer for long periods
- Do not wear make-up around the eyes for 2 weeks
- Do not swim until 2 weeks after surgery
- Do not scuba diving until 4 weeks after surgery
After completion of a ReLEx or LASIK treatment, your optometrist will schedule periodic follow-ups to thoroughly examine your eyes and assess the result of the surgery. The schedule is as follows:
- 1 day
- 1 week
- 1 month
- 3 months
- 6 months
- 1 year and annually afterward
The key to the success of a ReLEx surgery is your ability to see properly with a clear vision. In order to achieve that you will need a specialist who can pay close attention to your vision needs and provide the necessary treatment along with proper advice which you should follow strictly.
Minimally invasive laser surgery can correct nearsightedness and astigmatism gently with fast recovery
ReLEx (Refractive Lenticule Extraction), the new generation of bladeless LASIK technology.
Ask a specialist for consultation today
For more information, please contact
Sun 08.00 am. - 04.00 pm.