Fertility generally addresses issues of sexual education, puberty, family planning, birth control, infertility, reproductive system disease (including sexually transmitted diseases) and dysfunctions. Topics of menstruation, ovulation, pregnancy and menopause are also covered in this field.
Difficulties in conceiving childbirth are not perceived as a disease however the emotional challenges can affect one or both members of the relationship.
Bangkok Hospitals are built upon personal relationships between the couples, families, medical professionals, support groups, counseling with our reproductive specialists for individual assessments and treatment diagnosis.
Our centers are equipped with a range of fertility technologies and services include:
Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) is the simplest, least invasive and least costly form of treatment, IUI involves inseminating the male’s sperm into the woman’s uterus during ovulation. Semen samples are processed in the lab where the separation of the good quality sperm from the seminal fluid takes place, maximizing the number of sperm cells that are placed in the uterus and therefore the chances of conception
- Gamete Intrafallopian Transfer (GIFT) or the GIFT procedure; eggs are removed from the woman's ovaries and placed in one of the fallopian tubes, along with the male’s sperm. This highly successful technique allows fertilization to take place inside the woman’s body
- Zygote Intrafallopian Transfer (ZIFT) is similar to the GIFT procedure and is often the recommended treatment in cases where trans-vaginal embryo transfer is difficult. Egg cells are removed from the woman’s ovaries and in vitro fertilized, after which the resulting zygote is placed into the fallopian tube with minimally invasive surgery. This technique has also been extremely successful
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) is a breakthrough treatment in cases where other methods have failed to result in pregnancy. The fertilization of the male and female sperm and egg occurs outside the woman’s body. The technique involves hormonally controlling the process of ovulation, removing eggs from the woman’s ovaries and letting sperm fertilize them in a fluid medium. The fertilized egg is then transferred to the woman’s uterus to establish a successful pregnancy
- Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) is an in vitro fertilization procedure in which a single sperm is injected directly into an egg using micromanipulation, and is generally indicated in cases of extremely low sperm count or poor sperm movement
- Sperm Freezing
- Specials Labs
- Embryo Laboratories
- Blastocyst Culture
- Laser Assisted Hatching
- Andrology Laboratories, Sperm Lab
- Semen Analysis
- Computer Aided Sperm Analysis (CASA)
- Sperm Kinematic
- Sperm Morphology
- Sperm Selections
For diagnosis of infertility in both men and women your physician will focus on 3 main causes, namely:
- Lack of Ovulation
- Fallopian Tube Obstruction and Endometriosis
- Weak or low sperm count in male