Infants who are in critical conditions require immediate care, especially those in a high-risk group – e.g., premature birth – because they may experience other complications that can be fatal. At Bangkok Hospital’s Pediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care Center, we pay great attention to caring for children in critical conditions. With the specialized pediatricians and multidisciplinary specialists of our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, together with state-of-the-art equipment, we stand ready to provide close monitoring and attentive treatments so that your babies will grow up healthy at every stage of their development.
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
At Bangkok Hospital’s Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, we are well-equipped to care for newborn infants with critical ailments 24 hours a day. These serious conditions or other neonatal problems include:
- Preterm babies – less than 37 weeks of gestational age (or after 42 weeks).
- Infants weighing less than 2,500g or more than 4,000g.
- Babies with abnormal weight as compared to the gestational age.
- Infants exhibiting abnormal conditions – e.g., lack of oxygen.
- Babies who had abnormal positions in the womb – e.g., breech, transverse.
- Newborns who suffered trauma during birth.
- Congenital disabilities.
Services of NICU
Newborn babies need care as soon as possible. At Bangkok Hospital’s Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, we are prepared to provide the types of service required.
- Neonatal resuscitation and oxygenation.
- Infant’s body temperature monitoring and care.
- Infections prevention.
- Providing hydration, nourishment, and appropriate nutrition.
- Neonatal and prenatal care specialists working closely with obstetrician.
- State-of-the-art neonatal care medical tools and equipment – e.g., incubators, high-frequency ventilators, nitric oxide distributors, bili lights to treat jaundice in newborns, etc.
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)
At Bangkok Hospital’s Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, we are ready to care for children with severe and complex sicknesses. Their vital signs may not be stable or their conditions has become unexpectedly critical. The cause may be from:
- Respiratory disorder;
- Cardiovascular disease;
- Nervous system disorder;
- Severe infections;
- Endocrine system disorder;
- Multiple organs failure;
- Patients who require additional procedures after a heart surgery;
- Brain surgery, orthopedic surgery, or other types of general surgery, etc.
Services of PICU
Children, as patients, require attentive care. The Pediatric Intensive Care Unit at Bangkok Hospital is prepared to pride such a service.
- Close monitoring of any reaction to treatment and changing conditions around the clock.
- Transporting, by land as well as air, pediatric patients who are in critical conditions until they reach their intended hospitals safely.
- Providing critical care by our teams of pediatric experts as well as surgeons who are specialized in the related fields.
- 24 hours care by our qualified and experienced teams of nurses and multidisciplinary professionals for pediatric patients with critical conditions.
- Utilizing state-of-the-art medical tools and equipment to provide the most effective treatments possible.
Your Team of Pediatric Care
Dr. Saowanee Chaisuparassameekul
Dr. Darin Bunchongsilp