Osteoporosis Screening Package
Severe osteoporosis can be a leading cause of long-term disability or even death
Osteoporosis related hip fractures can cause significant morbidity and disability. Severe osteoporosis potentially leads to:
- 20% chance of deaths within a year
- 30% chance of being long-term disable
- 40% chance of using walking mobility aids
- 80% chance of inability to conduct previous daily activities
Osteoporosis is characterized by low bone mass and deterioration of bone tissue, leading to increased risk of fracture. Although it is often found in the elderly, younger adults might develop this condition. A number of factors contribute to osteoporosis and these might widely vary among individuals. Osteoporosis screening can help to identify causes and risk factors of osteoporosis, allowing for appropriate lifestyle modification and treatment plan to prolong disease progression if necessary.
- Osteoporosis Screening Package 1 5,000 THB. (Lab tests include calcium, vitamin D, albumin, phosphorus, Complete Blood Count, SGOT and creatinine plus eGFR)
- Osteoporosis Screening Package 2 3,600 THB. (Lab tests include calcium, vitamin D and albumin)
These packages are valid from 1 January 2021 – 31 December 2021.