Easy Way to Lose Weight: Eat By Your Blood Group
3 minute(s) read
There is a correlation between food and your blood group. Each blood group has different biochemistry and all food have lectins (proteins expressed on the surface of red blood cells). So it is not surprising that if you eat food that has incompatible type of lectin to your blood group, it will disrupt your digestive system metabolism as well as hormonal homeostasis.
So if you want to lose weight, control your weight, and have good health, choosing the right food for your blood type is an interesting alternative. Other than achieving your goal, you can forget about unwanted side-effects.
Diets for Group A Blood Type
Group A people should consider vegetarian food because your stomach produces too little digestive enzymes so it cannot handle meat very well. There is a higher risk of cancer among Group A than other groups. Some diet techniques to lose weight include:
- Eat fish, such as mackerel and salmon, to boost your protein level. Avoid white meat fish, such as pompfret.
- Consider drinking soy milk and goat milk
- Nuts and grains such as peanuts, soy nuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds.
- Vegetables such as broccoli, onions, carrots, pumpkins, garlic.
- All types of fruits, but try to avoid watermelon, cantaloupe, papayas, mangos, bananas, and oranges because they will be difficult to digest.
- Avoid beverages, such as cow milk, beer, soda, sparkling water.
Exercise Technique: Do light exercise, such as yoga, Tai-Chi, etc.
Diets for Group B Blood Type
People with group B blood type should eat carbs because blood sugar will come from carbohydrates that can quickly be converted to energy. However, you are more susceptible to infection and allergies than others. The recommended diets for weight loss are:
- Eat fish from the deep sea, such as snow fish, pomfret, Indian halibut, etc.
- Recommended meats are goat, lamb, turkey, deer, and rabbit. Avoid pork, chicken, shrimp, crab, shellfish, and cockle.
- Eat moderate amount of dairy products (milk and cheese) and eggs.
- Choose oat, brown rice, or spelt that have high fiber content, rather than wheat, peanuts, whole wheat, or sesame.
- Splurge on carbohydrates!
- Leafy green vegetables are all good for your health, but you must avoid tomatoes and corns.
- Fruits are all good, except for persimmons, pomegranate, pears, coconuts, and star fruits.
Exercise Technique: Moderate sports that are not too exertive, such as tennis, mountain climbing, etc.
Diets for Group O Blood Type
Group O people should eat lots of meat because you have high level of digestive enzymes than others. However, you are at risk of thyroid problems. The recommended diets for weight loss are:
- Eat lots of meat. Your digestive system can handle red meat well. Eat seafood on a regular basis to help your thyroid.
- Keep the levels of dairy products (milk and cheese) and eggs in the moderate level to prevent lipids and cholesterol build up.
- Avoid wheats, oats, and nuts.
- All vegetables are ok, but choose broccoli, spinach, kale, and cos over cabbages, shitake mushrooms, eggplants, and potatoes. Cabbages should be avoided because they can contribute to the risk of thyroid problems.
- As for fruits, choose berries, persimmons, and plums. Avoid coconuts, cantaloupes, oranges and strawberries.
- Beverages that should be avoided are milk, tea, coffee, and beer.
Exercise Technique: Do strenuous exercises, such as swimming, aerobics, cycling, etc.
Diets for Group AB Blood Type
People with AB blood type should eat more vegetarian and dairy products because you are a mixture of A and B. Yet, you have weaker immune system than others. The recommended diets for weight loss are:
- Eat various meats, such as goat, lamb, deer, rabbit, tuna, grouper, and sardines. Stay away from white fish and salmon.
- Choose milk, butter, eggs, soy beans, tofu, and low fat yogurt.
- Consider oats and rye, while avoiding red beans, sesame, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and corns.
- All vegetables are good for you, but choose more of broccoli, cucumber, garlic, and cauliflowers.
- Recommended fruits are grapes, plums, berries, pomelos. Avoid bananas, oranges, mangos, guavas, and coconuts.
Exercise Technique: light exercise, such as walking, yoga, Tai-chi, etc.
Eat foods that are compatible to your blood group, exercise regularly, and manage your stress level. These will help you lose weight effectively as well as moderate your digestive system, increase your immune system to prevent sickness. If you still have problems with your weight after several diets have failed, try contacting a specialist for a checkup. They will help you plan how to keep you healthy in the long run.