9 Warning Signs of Diabetes
2 minute(s) read
Diabetes is an alarming condition. If left out of control, it may cause heart and kidney diseases. Furthermore, a foot wound may not heal and cause chronic ulcers resulted in amputation. If diabetics also have COVID-19, their risk of dying is much higher when blood sugar level is high. Therefore, it is important to pay attention to the warning signs of diabetes.
Alarming Signs of Diabetes
The following are 9 signs of diabetes that you need to know. If you have such conditions, please consult a specialist immediately to find out if you have diabetes or not so you can take proper actions.
- Feeling more thirsty than usual
- Urinating often or urine volume is more than usual
- Hungry often and eat more than usual
- Losing weight without any reason
- Having blurry vision
- Feeling tired and weak
- Having slow-healing wound
- Feeling numbness, burning sensation, or tingling at in your extremities
- Having ichy dry skin
The Silent Danger of Diabetes
Diabetes is a silent threat that comes without warning. Most patients don’t have any symptom. People who are at risk of having diabetes are those with obesity, family history of diabetes, etc. Even if you don’t have any symptom, you should have screening for diabetes in your annual check-up. If left until symptoms show, it can be severe and have side effects that are difficult to heal.
How to Prevent Diabetes
Regular self-check will help you stay away from diabetes and its side effects. Here is what you should do:
- Self-observation. Consistently watch out for any signs mentioned above.
- Self-control. Protect yourself from diabetes by controlling you diets and having proper exercise.
- Self-check. Have proper diabetes screen at the hospital.
On World Diabetes Day, Dr. Ongkarn Sarasombath, Diabetes, Endocrine and Metabolic Diseases Specialist at Bangkok Hospital remarked: “Whether you are at risk of diabetes or not, having a good health is very important to prevent yourself from diabetes. I would like everybody to eat properly, exercise regularly, maintain healthy weight and have annual diabetes check-up to stay away from it.
For more information, please contact
Bangkok Diabetes, Thyroid and Endocrine Center
Saturday-Sunday: 7.00 – 16.00