Is It Time for Full Mouth Rehabilitation?
2 minute(s) read
When talking about a full mouth rehabilitation, it may sound like a major undertaking; as it involves restoring all of your teeth in both the upper and lower jaws. It certainly requires a team of multidisciplinary dental experts to rehabilitate the health of your teeth, so that they can be used effectively again. Many people may wonder when they will need to undergo this procedure, and how it works.
When do you need full mouth rehabilitation?
- Multiple cavities
- Missing many teeth
- Many chipped, cracked or broken teeth
- Experiencing jaw problems
- Grinding teeth in your sleep till they are worn
- People with dental complaints such as Ectodermal Dysplasia (thinner or softer-than-average tooth enamel), Amelogenesis (abnormal process of forming tooth enamel), or Dentinogenesis Imperfecta (disorder of tooth development).
Full Mouth Rehabilitation Process
- Diagnosis by a dentist. This is the most important step as it will determine which procedure will truly be appropriate for you, such that you will never have to undergo repeated treatments in your life. For example, if you have acid reflux causing teeth erosion, your gastrointestinal problem will need to be addressed along with your teeth.
- Individualized Treatment Plan. With the expertise of our dentists, coupled with the state-of-the-art technology (e.g., Cone Beam CT, Dental Smile Design Software, Intraoral Scanner, etc.), you will be able to compare – before the procedure commences – the current and expected result images and clearly see the differences. It is important that you and your dentist share the same objective and understanding, in order to achieve the satisfactory outcome together.
- Treatment by multidisciplinary dental professionals for a satisfactory result to conclude a successful treatment. Our team of dentists consists of specialists with expertise covering all disciplines of dentistry. For example, if a tooth is worn down to the pulp chamber, we can provide an expert endodontist to treat the condition; or if there is an issue with mastication, our experts can help with oral and maxillofacial surgery, etc. In addition, in some cases, when a consultation with an internal medicine physician or a gastroenterologist is needed, our dentist can make the necessary referrals so that our patient will receive the most effective treatment possible.
In all, the duration of the treatment will depend on each of our patients’ dental and oral cavity condition. The most important aspect to keep in mind is that it is critical to be treated by a dental specialist at an accredited clinic with up-to-date technological equipment, and is supported by a team whose expertise extends across all areas of dentistry. The treatment’s goal should always be to ensure strong, healthy teeth that can chew better and show confidence with every smile; so as to enhance each patient’s quality of life in the long-term.
Have a full mouth rehabilitation at Bangkok Hospital Dental Center Holistic Care and Dental Implant
At Bangkok Hospital Dental Center Holistic Care and Dental Implant, our team of multidisciplinary dental experts are well prepared to diagnose your dental problems and to develop an individualized treatment plan with our modern equipment and technology, for your full mouth rehabilitation that will restore your total oral health and functions – bringing back your smile with confidence once again.