Emphysema is a Non-Communicable condition and is a form of chronic (long-term) lung disease. People with emphysema have difficulty breathing from a limitation in blowing air out.
- 90% of cases are caused by smoking cigarettes
- Ranked 4th of causes of deaths in the US and is considered in the top 10 causes of death in Thailand
- The World Health Organization believes that by 2030 be ranked 4th in the world for causes of death (currently 5th)
Warning Signs of Emphysema
- Chronic cough accompanied by phlegm, susceptible to flu
- Frequently getting Bronchitis
- Difficulty breathing
- Tightness in the chest and wheezing
Avoid and reduce symptoms of Emphysema by not smoking, getting regular exercise, and checking lung function.
Bangkok Chest and Respiratory Center