Comprehensive Eye Screening Package ( 9 screening items)
- Comprehensive Eye Screening Package ( 9 screening items) – 2,500 THB. (doctor fee is included)
Comprehensive eye screening aims to fully assess eye health and vision problems associated with degenerative conditions. A number of different tests are conducted by highly expert ophthalmologists. This package is recommended for the elderly and people with family history of glaucoma as well as people who have developed certain signs of vision problems. Tests in this screening package are used to diagnose a wide range of eye conditions, including:
- Myopia/ hyperopia/ astigmatism
- Color blindness
- Vitreous degeneration *
- Age-related macular degeneration(AMD) *
- Diabetic retinopathy *
* These 3 eye diseases typically require additional tests such as pupil dilation test. You will be informed prior to the tests and additional charges may apply.
Screening tests include:
- Visual acuity
- Auto refraction
- Tonometry (measurement of intraocular pressure)
- Corneal pachymetry (measurement of the thickness of the eye’s cornea)
- Auto keratometry (measurement of the curvature of the cornea)
- Color blind test
- Digital fundus photography
- Optical coherence tomography
- Eye examination performed by the ophthalmologist
**In case additional tests are further required, suggestion will be considered and made by the ophthalmologist **
This package is suitable for:
- Elderly people who can potentially develop degenerative eye problems affecting their daily lives, such as visual disturbance, eye irritation, eye pain, watery eye (excessive tears), eye floaters and seeing flashing lights or lightening streaks in the eyes.
- People who have family history of glaucoma, cataract, pterygium, vitreous degeneration, age-related macular degeneration (AMD), diabetic retinopathy, myopia/ hyperopia/ astigmatism and color blindness.
- Patients with diabetes, hypertension, cardiovascular disease or kidney disease.
- People with long-term steroid use
- People who have had vision problems, such as blurred vision, eye pain, double vision, light sensitivity, eye redness, watery eyes and seeing halos around lights.
- People who have regularly conducted certain activities that raise ocular pressure, e.g. flautist or flute player and diver.
- People whose work involves with heavy computer use or UV radiation.
- To complete all tests, it takes approximately 45 – 60 minutes.
- Refraining from food and drink is not required prior to the test.
- After testing, daily activities can resume.
- Screening tests (number 1-8) are performed by the ophthalmic medical technicians. Once completing 8 tests, eye examination will be conducted by the ophthalmologist and recommendation will be given accordingly as screening results reveal.
- In case vitreous degeneration, age-related macular degeneration or diabetic retinopathy is suspected, additional tests such as pupil dilation test might be required and additional charges may apply. If pupil dilation needs to be conducted, it might cause blurred vision for 4-6 hours after the test. Therefore, sunglasses should be prepared. For safety, patients are not advised to drive and there should be friends or relatives to take care of the patients.
Terms and conditions:
- This package applies for Thais and expatriates.
- This package is valid from 1 January 2021 – 31 December 2021.
- This package price includes doctor fee and hospital fee.
- Medical clearance before surgery, if needed.
- Additional specialist fees (if any).
- Additional costs incurred from patient’s underlying diseases and other charges related to medical supply, medical equipment and other laboratory tests (if any).
Remark: The hospital reserves the right to change price, terms and conditions without prior to notice.