Ulthera. Lift and Tighten the Skin Naturally
As we grow older, our skin changes. Fine lines appear, and over time wrinkles form and a loss of volume and a loss of elasticity become noticeable. Ulthera is a device that uses focused ultrasound energy to lift and tighten the skin. It is a safe non-surgical method to lift and tighten skin without any visible downtime.
Causes of sagging skin
As you age, your skin loses the collagen and elastin which is your skin's supportive connective tissue, that make it look soft, plump and youthful. Also, the deepest layer of the skin, SMAS, becomes loose and this makes other layers of the skin become saggy.
Several factors that contribute to the drooping of skin
- Internal factor
- Aging: As you age, your skin begins to lose its natural elastin and collagen.
- External factors
- Environmental factor: UVA in sunlight destroys elastin and collagen in the skin. This causes wrinkles and brown spots. Pollution can also damage collagen.
- Lifestyle factor: alcohol drinking, smoking, unhealthy diet
- Getting enough sleep: Our body releases the human growth hormone while we sleep. This hormone helps you to stay and feel young longer.
- Stress: Stress affects estrogen hormone production. Estrogen appears to aid in the prevention of skin aging.
Ulthera or Ultherapy is a non-invasive procedure using high-intensity, focused ultrasound system. Through the ultrasound applicator, sound waves that deliver controlled amounts of energy are emitted, allowing it to hit precise points underneath the skin or SMAS. As a result, targeted areas are instantly tightened and lifted. You should avoid soaking in the spas or sauna for one week before the treatment. Some patients experience mild swelling of the treatment area or tingling or tenderness to the touch. These are mild effects and will last only 2 days.
Benefits of Ulthera
- Non-surgical treatment to tighten skin naturally
- Stimulate new collagen formation – stimulate the body to rebuild the new collagen and repair the old one
- Tightens pores and smoothens skin
- 30% of the patients see the result after the first treatment and the ultimate result will take place over 3 months.
- The treatment only lasts 30-60 minutes.
- The effects last around 1 year.
- After the treatment, you can resume your normal activities immediately.
Who should not have this procedure?
- Patients with pacemaker or defibrillator
- Patients who take anti-inflammatory drug for a long period such as patients with diabetes
If you are interested in learning more about Ultherapy, it is important that you consult an expert in a hospital that has performance standards in delivering quality and safe care.
Reference: Dr. Kanchana Sermswan, a director of Bangkok Skin and Aesthetics Center, Bangkok Hospital
For more information:
Bangkok Skin and Aesthetics Center
Call 0 2310 3004 or 0 2755 1004