Dental Implants. Replacing a missing tooth, bringing back your confident smile.
A missing tooth should always be replaced. Dental implants is one of the best treatment option for a patient who have lost teeth. Patients will be able to eat normally and have a confident smile.
What is a dental implant?
An implant is a titanium or ceramic root that is surgically positioned into the jawbone. This allows your dentist to mount replacement teeth or a bridge into that area. The treatment process takes around 3-6 months. The number of visits and time depends on the patient’s condition.
Why choose dental implants?
Dental implants can replace one or more missing teeth. They look like natural teeth and last a lifetime. They also help prevent bone loss and keep adjacent teeth stable.
Preparation for dental implants
- An initial examination for treatment planning
- If you have any underlying diseases, consult with your doctor first. Most patients will be able to have an implant.
An overview of the implant process
- Assessment and planning – your dentist will make a careful evaluation and discuss with you on treatment options
- X-rays – to see whether there is enough bone to hold the implant securely
- The dentist will make a dental impression for treatment planning
- Further x-rays might be required
- Placement of the dental implant
- A period typically ranging from two to six months is necessary for the jawbone to fuse with the implant. During this period, the implant attaches itself to the gums that are completing their healing process.
- Once the healing is complete, the restorative dentist installs the final artificial prosthesis (crown, bridge or denture) on the abutment of the dental implant.
- Following completion of implant treatment, regular visits to your dentist is essential so that the health of the soft tissue, bone levels and the integrity of the restoration can be reviewed.
Dental implant maintenance
- Maintain good oral hygiene
- Use dental floss
- Avoid foods that are too hard
- Visit your dentist regularly
Advantages of dental implants
- Allows you to eat normally
- You can brush your implanted teeth in the same way as your natural teeth
- Improve appearance, comfort, and confidence
- Improve oral health
- Very durable
One day implant
Placing a dental implant is a long process but nowadays it can also be done within a day. This treatment option depends on patient’s condition and the amount and quality of the bone. Moreover, patients who have one day implant should have only soft food for 2-3 months and have regular visits to the dentist.
Nowadays, dental implants are one of the best treatment options for teeth loss. With technological advancement, the process is less complicated and less time-consuming. Getting your smile back is possible with highly skilled dentists at Bangkok dental center.
Assist. Prof. Lt. Dr. Chatchai Kunavisarut, prosthodontist, Bangkok dental center, Bangkok hospital
For more information:
Bangkok Dental Center, Bangkok Hospital
Call 0 2755 1335 or 1719