Greatest of 50 – How to Improve Health and Fitness
Time passes and our bodies change. The loss of muscle, bone and fat under the skin, along with changes in collagen and elastin, is making fine lines and wrinkles more dramatic. You may become sensitive to glare, and your night vision may decrease. Aging and inactivity can lead to achy joints because of the wearing down of cartilage, the loss of lubricating joint fluid and weaker muscles. You might stay away from stressful situations, thereby missing out on new opportunities.
Ramp up the health
- Work less. Let your family or friends help you.
- If you notice a change or feel unwell, it is important to visit your doctor.
- Avoid strenuous exercise or extreme sports.
- Eat healthy. Regularly exercise. Get enough sleep.
Be happy and keep networking
- Get enough sleep. Relieve stress.
- Accept changes. Nothing is certain.
- Engaging with friends and family.
- Having an active role in the community. Find fun things to do with your family and friends.
- Having friends of all ages. It is good to exchange ideas.
- Learn new things.
- Join senior community.
- Write a will.
You cannot stop the aging process, but you can make choices that improve your ability to maintain an active life, to do the things you enjoy, and to spend time with loved ones.
For more information:
Bangkok Longevity Center, Bangkok Hospital
2nd floor, Wattanosoth Hospital Buidling
Call 0 2310 3755 or 1719
Fax 0 2310 3335