Veneer Increase Confidence
2 minute(s) read
Dental veneer can enhance the brightness of your teeth, straighten your smile, and correct issues such as discoloration, fractures, or chips. It is a less intrusive option than crowns.
What are veneers?
A veneer is a thin porcelain used to recreate the natural look of teeth. It also provides strength and resilience comparable to natural tooth enamel. Veneers are durable and have been shown to last for 10-15 years.
Types of veneers
There are 2 types of veneers.
- Direct Veneer
Direct veneer is made of composite resin and placed directly on your teeth by your dentist. It does not require removing much of the tooth enamel but the process takes more time compared to indirect veneer. The disadvantages of direct veneer are risks of gingivitis and mouth odor if the veneer is not fitted properly along the gum line.
- Indirect Veneer
Preparation for veneer
- Deep cleaning
- Dental caries treatment (if any)
- Gingivitis treatment (if any)
- Brushing with regular toothpaste especially the gum line
- Flossing 1-2 times daily
- Refrain from biting hard food and biting food using your front teeth
- Avoid biting and chewing with excessive force
- Regular dental visit every 6 months
- Wear a bite guard to protect your veneer to avoid damaging it while you sleep
Advantages of veneers
- Improve smile appearance and patient’s confidence
- Correct dental issues including worn tooth enamel, uneven tooth alignment or spacing, tooth discoloration, and chips or cracks
- Durable and resists coffee/food/cigarette stains
- May solve most cosmetic dental issues
There are many advantages of dental veneer, however, there is also a disadvantage. It is necessary to remove a small amount of enamel from your teeth to accommodate the veneers. It should not be replaced often as you will lose healthy tooth structure under the existing veneers. The expertise of a dentist and the lab are also important for you to get your ideal smile.
- Dr. KITTIPONG BOORANASOPHONE
- Dr. KAMOLCHANOK WANICHTAWORN
- Dr. KRIDSADA TOSAKPARALERD
- Dr. BOONDARICK NIYATIWATCHANCHAI
- Dr. PALIKA LUANGRUANGRONG
- Dr. PAVINEE PADIPATVUTHIKUL DIDRON
- Dr. MURATHA PANICH
- Dr. ROONGKIT LEEHACHAROENKUL
- Dr. VICHULADA PHUNTHI
- Dr. WEERAPORN VEERAPRAVATI
- Dr. APICHAT TONGTAKSIN
- Dr. IYARINT ITTIPURIPHAT
- Dr. ISSARA WONGPRAPARATANA