Endoscopic Breast Surgery
2 minute(s) read
Women are always worrying about the size and shape of their breasts. That’s why many women seek help in plastic surgery to help them boost their confidence. Now, there is a small incision endoscopic breast augmentation surgery which helps hide the incision, reduce complications from surgery, less pain, fast recovery, making breast augmentation less worrisome.
Endoscopic Breast Surgery
In this method, the surgeon will use an endoscope, which is a long, thin tube with a small camera and light at the tip, to display enlarged image on an external monitor. The surgeon can clearly see blood vessels and tissues inside the body. Small incisions will be made in the armpit. Then, the surgeon will use a small special tool to dissect and separate muscles.
Normally, there is no way to view the cavity through which the silicone implant will be inserted when performing underarm incisions. In the past, the insertion of a large tool through the incision would create a cavity in the chest wall to insert the implant. Such method caused trauma and bleeding leading to slow recovery. This is why underarm breast augmentation was more limited than surgery incision on the underside of the breast Moreover, it took longer for the implant to fit into place and there was a higher risk of capsular contracture.
Silicones that are used in breast augmentations are extra soft, comparable to real women’s breasts. They are also highly flexible, feel natural and are suitable for such small incision. There are many types and sizes of silicone, so patients should consult with the doctor to get more details about available sizes and brands prior to surgery.
The Benefits of MIS
- Small incision: the size is only 3 – 4 centimeters, depending on the size of the silicones, tucked away in the armpit which make them barely noticeable.
- Implant sits in place: since the surgeon uses a small tool with high precision to create the right size cavity for the implant.
- Reduce the chance of fibrosis, swelling, bruising and blood loss during surgery, less pain, and faster recovery: the surgeon can see all the details of blood vessels and tissues clearly through a small camera during surgery. There is no need for surgical drain. The size of cavity can be controlled without harming cartilage membranes which can cause chest pain after surgery. Therefore, the wound heals quickly in a couple of days.
- Reduce unnecessary procedures: Endoscopic Breast Augmentation reduces surgery time and unnecessary procedures during surgery, thereby, reducing complications, such as blood loss and pain after surgery.
Post – Surgery Care
- Aches and pain can be relieved by using pain – killers.
- Use of support bra and sport bra as per doctor’s advice.
- Avoid eating fermented foods and alcoholic beverages.
- Avoid heavy exercise for 2 – 4 weeks after surgery.
- Avoid driving for 7 – 10 days after surgery.
- Avoid sexual activities during the first 6 weeks after surgery.
- Follow – up with the doctor at every appointment.
Minimally – invasive breast augmentation by endoscopic method allows less pain and faster recovery. It also so reduces complications after surgery. It is important to choose a skilled surgeon at a hospital equipped with modern technology and multidisciplinary team to take care of you. So, you can be confident and happy with your beautiful breasts.