Due to the risk of complications, diabetics need regular monitoring - both by the patient and by the doctors and nurses looking after them. Short-term complications are caused mainly by imbalance of the sugar level. Long-term complications are the main reason for holding diabetic clinics. It is widely accepted that good diabetic control plus control of blood pressure and cholesterol has a vital role to play in reducing the long term consequences of being diabetic.
At Diabetes Center our singular mission is to bring lasting improvements in quality of life to diabetes patients, both type I and type II. This common goal unites the clinical and education arms of the Diabetes Center into a comprehensive program that is unique among diabetes facilities.
Our clinical staff of dedicated professionals provides our patients with the highest standards of diabetes care with a highly qualified, multidisciplinary team approach offering the latest treatments, tailored to fit the individual needs of each patient. A wide range of other consultations include:
- Prescription of Insulin Pumps
- Insulin pumps are beeper size devices, containing a precise computer monitor, with cartridge filled of rapid-acting insulin. Insulin from the cartridge is pushed through the tube and into the body. These pumps act as the human pancreas by automatically releasing small amounts of insulin (in tenths or hundredths of a unit) every few minutes.
- Endocrine Services:
- Diabetes management specializes in adult and childhood diabetes including nurse educators, nutritionists and exercise physiologists.
- Consultation with ophthalmologists, cardiologists, nephrologists, surgeons and podiatrists for coordinate care, including lab analysis
- Assessment of peripheral vascular disease for patients with diabetes