Obesity is one of the top health problems in Thailand. Obesity is a serious, chronic disease that can have a negative effect on many systems in your body. People who are overweight or are obese have a much greater risk of developing serious conditions, including: cardiovascular disease, diabetes, joint disease, fatty liver disease, obstructive sleep apnea, gastroesophageal reflux disease, abnormal menstruation, and depression.
Weight management clinic at Bangkok hospital is dedicated to the management of excessive weight. By applying the most current methods, the program helps patients manage their weight and reduce the medical risks linked with being obese. Our specialized staffs are leaders in their field of endocrinology and metabolism. Our doctors collaborate as a multidisciplinary team with other medical specialists at Bangkok hospital to design the most effective plan for each patient.
1. Medical weight management program
- The program helps patients manage their weight and reduce the medical risks linked with being obese such as high blood pressure, snoring, and gastroesophageal reflux disease. Whether you would benefit most from a personalized exercise and nutrition plan or a better understanding of your eating habits and triggers, our team will work with you to best address your unique needs.
- Bariatric surgery
2. Cosmetic and wellness weight management program
- Postpartum weight loss
- Body contouring, building lean muscle and strength by experts (BASEM)
Our services at weight management clinic
- Diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of obesity and the medical risks linked with being obesity. Our multidisciplinary team includes endocrinologists, nutritionists, bariatric surgeons, rehabilitation specialists, health psychologists, and specialized nurses.
- By using the most current methods and medical monitoring, the weight management program professionals are able to help people lose weight safely. Our specialized doctors will analyze the patient’s body composition by using Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis (BIA).
- Should bariatric surgery be the right option for you, our team will coordinate your case and care with bariatric surgeons. There are many types of weight-loss surgery, known collectively as bariatric surgery including: laparoscopic gastric banding, laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy, laparoscopic gastric bypass. Weight loss is achieved by reducing the size of the stomach with a gastric band or through removal of a portion of the stomach. Bariatric surgeries are typically done only after you have tried to lose weight by improving your diet and exercise habits.