Bangkok Academy of Sports and Exercise Medicine (BASEM)
Professional athletes require a global standard of care and FIFA created a certification for medical centers around the world to assure that they get sport medicine that they needed. Now, Bangkok Hospital has taken the lead in this important branch of sport medicine to make sure the same world-class standard of care both sport injury and sport medicine are available to everyone.
Introducing the New FIFA Medical Center of Excellence (Sport Injury)
Bangkok Hospital is accredited as a FIFA Medical Center of Excellence and provides the same high standard of care especially sport injury treatment and sport medicine found at the centers in Europe, the United States, Australia, South Africa, Japan and Qatar.
To ensure optimal care to players, FIFA established a global harmonization of standards for the prevention, rehabilitation and aftercare of sport injury, sport medicine, mental training and diet. Maintaining these standards requires a multidisciplinary team of specialists in a variety of fields working together, including sport medicine specialists, sport injury medicine specialists, physiotherapists and kinesiologists, orthopedic surgeons, podiatrists, physiatrists, cardiologists, dentists, neurologists and nutritionists, as well as specialists in eye, ear, nose and throat conditions and lung diseases.
Bangkok Hospital’s network of 60 specialized clinics and centers assures that every patient, whether amateur or pro, has access to comprehensive fitness testing, performance evaluation and training, as well as prevention programs to minimize the risk of sports-related injuries and advanced treatment and rehabilitation programs so that when they do occur, patients can get back in the game quickly.
To reach this goal, Bangkok Hospital established the Bangkok Academy of Sports & Exercise Medicine (BASEM). Situated on the fifth floor of the main (D) building, this new center contains a wide array of advanced diagnostic technologies and exercise equipment designed to optimize athletic performance and aid in faster rehabilitation.
Analyze your Fitness. Improve your Performance. (Sport Medicine)
For professional and amateur athletes wanting to improve their performance, BASEM has created a broad range of fitness and training programs designed to suit your needs. These include:
- Body Composition
- Balance and Flexibility
- Heart & Lung Function (Aerobic Capacity) Fitness
- Anaerobic Capacity
- Muscle Strength (Weight)
- Speed Testing
- Plyometric (Fast and Powerful Movements)
- Motion Analysis and Gait Analysis
Training: (Sport Medicine Recommandation)
- Strength Training (Isotonic, Isometric and Isokinetic)
- Plyometric Training (Muscle Power)
- Proper Oxygen Use and Aerobic Capacity
- Speed and Agility
- Neuromuscular Control (Balance and Proprioception) Endurance
Top-of-the-Line Sports & Exercise Medicine Equipment (Sport Medicine)
The comprehensive team of specialized physicians and support personnel at the academy is complemented by some of the most advanced fitness equipment in the world:
- FTS Glide Resistance Equipment
- Precor Multi-Station System
- Precor EFX 885 Elliptical Fitness Crosstrainer
- Precor TRM 885 Treadmill
- Monark 928E Exercise Bike
- Monark 881E Rehab Trainer/Upper & Lower Body Ergometer
- Theraband Resistance Exercise System
- Biodex Balance Assessment & Conditioning System
- Biodex System 4 Isokinetic Machine
- VO2 MAX Maximal Oxygen Uptake Measurement System
- Swift Performance Equipment
- Alter Anti-Gravity Treadmill
- Organic Motion Computer Vision Motion Analysis System
Playing sports is good for you, but sometimes the benefits are clouded by sport injury caused by poor training practices, improper conditioning or equipment, flawed technique, or just an accident. We’re here to help everyone live longer, fuller, healthier lives – and, when sport injury strikes, get you back in the game quickly and safely.
Advanced Technology at BASEM (Sport Injury)
Arthroscopy is a minimally invasive surgical procedure on a joint in which treatment of damage is performed using an arthroscope, an endoscope that is inserted into the joint through a small incision. Arthroscopic shoulder and knee surgery results in fewer traumas to this muscle envelope and can help accelerate patient recovery. Less damage to the surrounding tissue usually results in less pain after surgery as well.
Alter G – Anti-Gravity Machine
Using NASA patented Differential Air Pressure technology and clinically supervised by a Doctor, the AlterG “unweights” you by as much as 80% of your current body weight (adjustable in 1% increments). This uniquely adjustable process allows the user to walk or run pain free in a comfortable and stable environment without sport injury.
- A computer precisely reduces ground reaction forces 1% at a time
- Decreases discomfort and encourages normal biomechanics
- Generates a safe and stable environment to work on technique
- Allows for increase training volume with less impact and ground reaction forces
When Sport Injury Happens
At the Bangkok Academy of Sports & Exercise Medicine, our primary focus is on the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of sport injury that occur during playing sports and other physical activities, including:
- Strains and Sprains
- Major Joints Ligaments Injuries, especially the Knees, Shoulders, Wrists and Ankles
- Chronic Overuse Injuries such as Shin Splints, Tennis Elbow and Golf Elbow
- Fractures and Dislocations
A visit to BASEM is recommended for:
- A sports injury
- Looking for sport medicine solution.
- Pain in various areas in the body from sports or exercise
- Inability to move joints as normal
- Unprecedented fatigue during physical exertion
- Would like a full health-check up before sports activity or exercise
- Would like to check on the condition of your heart to prevent complications that may occur from physical activity or exercise
- Consultation on exercise based on sport medicine
- Consultation on weight loss based on sport medicine
- Consultation on physical activity or exercise for prevention and treatment of specific conditions such as diabetes and hypertension
- Would like an assessment of your physical ability to engage in physical activity or exercise
- Strength and endurance tests
- Rehabilitation with the goal of returning to peak condition
For more information about sport injury and sport medicine ,please make an appointment with a sport medicine and sport injury specialist, please call 1719 or visit us online at www.bangkokhospital.com
Open 7 days a week from 8:00am to 5:00pm.