Bangkok Trauma Center
We believe that every second counts for patients in critical conditions and that can be the difference between life and death. The most important aspect of saving lives in an emergency situation is proper and timely treatments.
Bangkok trauma center is a supraregional trauma center capable of providing patients with the most advanced and comprehensive care available. A verified trauma center has strengthened its standing among the elite in comprehensive critical care facilities in the country. Since becoming a trauma center, the hospital has realized significant improvements in the areas of patient care, trauma education, and community outreach as a result of its effort to maintain the high status.
Contact Trauma Team:
- Trauma Medical Director : Dr. Ekkit Surakarn
- Trauma Program Coordinator : Khun Rodjanard Kungorn
- Trauma Coordinator
Trauma center Advantages
Some advantages of a trauma center are:
- A team of trauma care specialists available on site 24 hours a day
- A specially trained staff and a wide range of highly specialized diagnostics and treatment equipment for all phases of trauma care, including emergency room, operating room, and intensive care units
- Comprehensive clinical lab services available 24 hours
- Programs for injury prevention, public and professional education and trauma research
- Designated operating room and staff 24 hours a day
- A rehabilitation service properly equipped for acute care of critically injured patients
- It provides the care and resources to assist the trauma patient to recover and return to society.
- All resources needed for timely care of the trauma patient are available around the clock.
- It provides resources to the community including trauma outreach prevention programs, training and continuing education programs for health care personnel and continuing research to validate current management of trauma care.
- Better patient outcomes resulting in lower death rates and complications.
The mission of the Bangkok trauma center is to provide the highest quality, cost-effective care to critically injured trauma patients throughout Southeast Asia. This mission is accomplished through the extraordinary commitment of multidisciplinary care team. Our mission is driven by evidence-based treatment guidelines, education and research. We fulfill the mission of excellence in trauma care through a comprehensive ongoing process of rigorous quality improvement program and trauma registry.
Our trauma registry provides the backbone for trending performance and outcome data, data analysis, performance and identification of system-related issues. The trauma registry maintains a record for each trauma patient admitted to the hospital. The staff collects over 120 data points of information on each patient, including ICD-9 coding and an injury severity score (ISS).Year-to-year, the registry staff studies the patterns, severity and causes of injuries that affect our community and quality Improvement of trauma care. This information is used for research that will improve care of injured patients in the communities we serve.
Expert and Collaborative Care
Our team responds to the highest level of critical injury. Equipped with special facilities, advanced technology and highly trained personnel, the Trauma Center operates 24/7 and admits over 1,000 patients a year who have experienced severe injury. Our multidisciplinary team includes highly trained trauma surgeons, psychiatrists, rehabilitation physicians, trauma nurses, clinical pharmacists ,nutritionists , occupational and physical therapists. We work closely with specialists across various disciplines to provide optimal care to patients for every aspect of injury and recovery. Academically we affiliated with Hannover medical school in Germany.
Leader in Trauma Research and Education
Our physicians are committed to discovering new methods of treating critically ill trauma patients through laboratory, outcomes and clinical research programs. The researches focus critical outcomes of initial trauma care, new therapies and medical devices. Our team members bring together expertise in basic science research, clinical outcomes, injury prevention and translational research.
We provide ongoing education for the next generation of trauma professionals, including residents, fellows, nurses, medical students and international medical graduates. Our center directs the Annual Bangkok Trauma Symposium which provides trauma educational opportunities for physicians, nurses, paramedics, and other healthcare providers from rural areas in Thailand. We also hosts Advanced Trauma Life Support(ATLS) courses with royal college of surgeons of Thailand. Bangkok Simulation center is another effort to train our team in emergency complex situations.
BDMS trauma network
Despite decades of progress in the development of trauma centers and trauma systems, injury remains the leading cause of lives lost and chronically disabled every year. Within our BDMS community, each of our regional trauma centers collaborate with programs aimed to save lives and reduce the disability of our patients.
There are forty-seven hospitals in the Bangkok Dusit Medical Services hospital group, and our trauma center is the head quarter of twelve Centers of Excellence for Trauma in BDMS. The center serves as a referral point for other hospitals both domestically and overseas. From network referral agreement, we have a chance to provide appropriated care for injured patients with most complex trauma and underlying diseases.
In the event of an emergency Bangkok Trauma Center Tel. 1724
For more information: Bangkok Trauma Center
Tel. +662 310-3000, or 1719 (Local calls)