Certificate of Distinction : Breast cancer conserving therapy program
General information of Breast Cancer
Breast cancer forms in the tissues of the breast when an abnormal group of cells grow uncontrollably and divide beyond the normal limits. As these cells continue to grow, they invade and destroy adjacent tissue and occasionally spread to other areas of the body via lymph or blood. According to registration data, breast cancer is the most common type of cancer diagnosed at Wattanosoth Hospital at Bangkok Hospital Medical Center and is the second most common form of cancer among women in Thailand. While the number of breast cancer cases is increasing every year
In order to decide the most effective treatment plan, it is necessary to know the stage of cancer. The stage of cancer defines by the size of tumor, spreading style as well as pathology result. And doctor can determine the stage of cancer after performed biopsy by remove some tumors or lymph nodes under armpit for the test in associated with additional radio diagnosis such as chest CT scans, abdominal CT scan, or bone scan etc.
Wattanosoth Hospital’s specialized team of surgeons, radiologists, medical oncologists, out-patient and in-patient nurses, pharmacist, dietitians and physiotherapists work with our team of care-givers to educate breast cancer patients on the treatment procedure as well as self-care. The healthcare team also monitors each patient’s treatment and provides the support necessary to assure the best outcome and quality of life.
We offer multidisciplinary team of highly-skilled specialists to provide a full range of comprehensive care to breast cancer patients and offer an international standard with trust.
We provide good care of medical practice for an excellent outcome of our patients.
- Promote public awareness to the benefit of early detection of breast cancer.
- Care patients under Clinical practice guideline.
- Minded-support the patients and their families’ needs with respect and understanding.
- Let the patients involve in decision-making for their treatment by providing thorough information of care.
- Age more than18 years at time of diagnosis
- Diagnosis of breast cancer in all staging
- Clinical Pathway for Treatment of Ductal Carcinoma in situ (DCIS):The treatment of patients with Ductal Carcinoma In Situ (DCIS) breast cancer
- Clinical Pathway for Treatment of Early Breast Cancer (Stage I- Stage IIB):The treatment of patients with Invasive Ductal Carcinoma (INV) Breast cancer stage I, stage IIA, and stage IIB
- Clinical Pathway for Treatment of Large or Locally Advanced Breast Cancer (LLABC):
The treatment of patients with Large breast cancer (refers to cancer = 3 cm.) and Locally advanced breast cancer Stage IIIA – Stage IIIB
- Clinical pathway for Treatment of Recurrence or Initial for Stage IV Breast cancer:
The treatment of patients with Recurrence or Initial for Breast cancer Stage IV
Criteria for Breast Cancer Pathway
- Inclusion criteria: Include, if all of the following characteristics are identified
- Diagnosis of breast cancer
- Receiving all treatment at Wattanosoth hospital
- Patient who are willing to participate into the program
- Exclusion criteria : Exclude, if any of the following characteristics are identified
- Underage 18 at time of diagnosis
- Treatment at other hospital
- Patient not willing to participate into the program
- Discharge criteria
- For Clinical Pathway for Treatment of Ductal Carcinoma in situ (DCIS), Clinical Pathway for Treatment of Early Breast Cancer (Stage I- Stage IIB) and Clinical Pathway for Treatment of Large or Locally Advanced Breast Cancer (LLABC), patients with breast cancer who finish all treatments, as indicated, and receive closely follow up for 5 years and have no recurrence
- For Clinical pathway for Treatment of Recurrence or Initial for Stage IV Breast cancer, patients will be treated; following to the pathway, including end of life care and the patient will be discharged from the pathway when she/he dies.
Service Counter: The Breast Center at Wattanosoth Hospital
Hours of operation: Mon – Fri 9:00 am – 7:00 pm / Sat – Sun 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Please call the Contact Center 24 hours a day for emergencies.
For more information please call:
The Breast Center: (+66) 2310-3016
Or the 24-hour Contact Center: (+66) 2310-3344