Thailand’s first beach resort offers outstanding seafood, world-class golf, history, temples, markets, lots of white sand – and now Bangkok Hospital Hua Hin, the newest addition to the nationwide Bangkok Hospital network.
The kingdom’s original seaside holiday destination, laid-back Hua Hin has played host to a steady stream of beach-lovers ever since it was endorsed by the Royal Family way back in the 1920s. Nearly a century later, Hua Hin is still a choice vacation spot for well-heeled Thais, expat retirees and foreign tourists in search of an exotic beach resort unsullied by commercial development.
The parent company of the Bangkok Hospital network, Bangkok Dusit Medical Services Public Company Limited, operates 20 of the leading private hospitals in Thailand, serving many of the major cities and resort areas, and also operates two hospitals in Cambodia.
Bangkok Hospital Hua Hin is the newest addition to the network. Located in the heart of Hua Hin at 888 Phet Kasem Road, the new hospital will provide the Thai and international population in Hua Hin, Cha-am and all the surrounding area with premium care for all their medical needs. It is a Grand Opening indeed, and we are proud to say that we can now offer the same quality of service and medical excellence in Hua Hin as we do at our flagship hospital in Bangkok, which is recognized as being one of the leading tertiary care hospitals in Southeast Asia.
Bangkok Hospital Hua Hin is able to provide care for almost all of our patients. There will be occasions, however, when the services of our hospital in Bangkok are required, for example, severe heart problems needing surgery. In these cases, our superb transportation system – which you can read all about below as well as throughout this edition of the eNews – will escort the patient to Bangkok, where all the arrangements will be made for their arrival.
This month, the final stage of the new hospital opened – a very attractive in-patient unit with comfortable, beautifully furnished rooms. Every patient here is accommodated in a private one-person room, guaranteeing a quiet and restful stay.
Our catering service offers a choice of Thai and Western menus, and of course special diets for religious or medical reasons are available. The Operating Rooms, Maternity and Newborn Suite and Intensive Care Unit make us the most full-service hospital in the area.
The hospital is staffed by specially trained and certified emergency doctors who have at their call the most advanced diagnostic equipment. They are supported by nursing and technical staff who have all been trained at our hospital in Bangkok and who bring to Hua Hin the skills and experience required to provide the advanced level of care for which all Bangkok Hospitals are known.
What the New Hospital Will Provide
- Internal Medicine is the backbone of the hospital's system of care. For patients who do not feel well and are not sure why, our internal medicine physicians are excellent at general assessments and work in a similar way to family doctors around the world. They are trained in the diagnosis, management and treatment of nonsurgical health problems, ranging from everyday problems like simple headache, runny nose and nasal congestion, sore throat, cough, cold and influenza, to serious problems such as diabetes, respiratory and stomach ailments.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology This center is staffed by caring, understanding doctors who are skilled at taking care of pregnant mothers and treating gynecological problems. It is our great pleasure to take care of our mothers-to-be and their babies, and our obstetricians are very understanding of mothers’ personal desires during this joyous time and delighted to discuss any issues that are on your mind.
- Pediatrics Care of the smallest members of our community is one of our missions, and our pediatricians and pediatric nurses are dedicated to serving the needs of our children. We offer vaccinations following WHO guidelines, and if the schedule in your home country requires additional vaccinations we can provide them.
- Gastroenterology Digestive and liver diseases are an area in which we offer superior care. Our GI specialists can provide a comprehensive range of diagnostic and treatment options and perform both colonoscopic and gastroscopic exams.
- Endocrinology Our specialists are able to investigate and treat problems of the thyroid, adrenal, and pituitary glands, and are very experienced in the management of diabetes and all its complications.
- Nephrology Our specialized physicians can provide care for medical problems of the kidney and work closely with the urologists here who provide surgical care.
- Dermatology Our skin specialists are able to diagnose and treat any skin problems that you may have. In this very sunny climate, many fair-skinned patients develop early skin cancers, and these can be treated easily and painlessly at our hospital.
- Surgery Bangkok Hospital Hua Hin has state-of-the-art operating rooms and a highly trained team of surgeons supported by a superb operating room and post-operative care staff.
The Mobile Intensive Care Unit
Medical transport is a major theme of this month’s eNews, and that is because it is so important that treatment commence immediately when an ambulance arrives to pick up a patient. Our ambulances are staffed by doctors and trained medical technicians who can respond and treat all the needs of a patient.
Whether it is a traffic accident, a heart attack, a stroke or child with asthma, our staff can begin treatment at the site and receive instant advice from the hospital. We also have a great deal of experience in moving patients to Bangkok, and monitoring them while in transit, if and when that becomes necessary.
In some cases, it is necessary to move patients as quickly as possible, and on those occasions we call on our Helicopter Emergency Medical (SKY ICU) team to fly the patient to any hospital in the Bangkok Hospital network. These may include patients with heart or respiratory problems, stroke or other neurological problems, mothers in labor, or any problem for which fast transfer is indicated.