The Bangkok Academy of Sports and Exercise Medicine (BASEM) at Bangkok Hospital has been named an accredited FIFA Medical Center of Excellence, which assures that we provide the same high standard of care found at the centers in Europe, the United States, Australia, South Africa, Japan and Qatar.
The program was initiated to provide a global standard of care to athletes of all types and all ages and ensure that everybody knows how to exercise safely. For FIFA, BASEM created a network of medical centers around the world so that players on every continent know where to turn for expert care and have access to world-class, state-of-the-art facilities that focus on treatment, rehabilitation, and enhancing physical performance to further athletic excellence.
To provide optimal care to players, FIFA established a global harmonization of standards for the prevention, rehabilitation and aftercare of sports injuries, mental training, diet and anti-doping matters. Maintaining these standards requires a multidisciplinary team of specialists in a variety of fields working together, including sports medicine specialists, physiotherapists and kinesiologists, orthopedic surgeons, physiatrists, cardiologists, dentists, neurologists and nutritionists, as well as specialists in eye, ear, nose and throat conditions and lung diseases.
Every institution in the FIFA Medical Center of Excellence network undergoes a strict selection process, and rigorous standards are applied for certification. Accreditation is granted for a period of five years during which all centers report annually on their activities.
The Bangkok Academy of Sports and Exercise Medicine provides a wide range of consultation and treatment, including:
- Check-up and pre-participation (PPE) physical examinations incorporating sports medicine protocols to develop and maintain good physical condition and ensure optimal sports performance and injury prevention
- Rehabilitation for sports- and exercise-related injuries, or excessive use of muscles and joints, and minimally invasive procedures for the treatment of joint disease and degeneration
- Consultation on health promotion and physical fitness for patients with underlying medical conditions
- Treatment for patients with frozen shoulder
- Exercise instruction for patients with osteoarthritis
- Post-operative consultation following a hip or knee arthroscopy or knee tendon repair
The goal of BASEM is to provide a high global standard of consultation and care that helps patients improve their athletic ability, prevent injury, and enhance their quality of life.
For more information and to make an appointment, please contact:
The Bangkok Sports Medicine Center
Bangkok Hospital, 5th floor, BGH Building