Intensive Care Medicine offers support systems and treatments to patients who are critically ill or severely injured.
Patients requiring intensive care treatments are provided with first line of trauma and emergency procedures that are then diagnosed by doctors.
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU) or Critical Care Unit (CCU) can categorized into certain specialty areas such as:
- Coronary Care Unit (CCU) for heart disease
- Medical Intensive Care Unit (MICU)
- Surgical Intensive Care Unit (SICU)
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)
- Neuroscience Critical Care Unit (NCCU)
- Overnight Intensive Recovery (OIR)
- Shock/Trauma Intensive Care Unit (STICU)
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Other units that are offered by each hospital
The supporting medical and highly trained emergency faculties of Bangkok Hospital include.